RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Set up of SD cards and battery grip information in A9ii

Dickcooper28

I am new to Sony. In my old Nikon D500, I could set up the camera so that when Card 1 is filled it automatically start filling Card 2. Is there a way to do that with a Sony A9ii?   Also, I have a Sony battery grip on my A9ii. Is there a setup to tell the current battery life in both batteries? When Battery 1 drains, does Battery 2 pickup automatically or do I have to switch them in the Menu settings? Thanks, **bleep** Cooper, Sarasota, Florida.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, @Dickcooper28 .  With the A9ii, you can have the camera Auto Switch after one card is full.  Go into Menu > Setup > Rec Media Settings > Auto Switch = ON. 

With regards to two batteries in a Vertical Grip Accessory, they will automatically relay (switch) once one is depleted.  If you cycle through the on-screen display using the DISP shortcut (up on the jog wheel) you will see the battery indicators for both along with their respective % left, in the upper right corner of the screen.