RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

How would you use the new Sony a7rv

IraBlock

The new Sony a7rV is a great camera. Some of the physical features that attracted me were the new flip out/ tilt out screen and the programmable exposure compensation dial. And I love the shutter curtain that comes down when the camera is turned off - similar to the Sony a1 camera. This is a game changer for keeping dust off the sensor. Of course the new AI driven autofocus means we can concentrate on composition and moments and worry less about focus issues. With all these additional features what types of photography will this innovative camera be best used in?

I think it event and wedding photographers will be able to make great use of the focusing system and the ability to crop in on the 61 megapixel sensor. Landscape photography is another area where this camera will shine. Where would you use this camera?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ira!  For me, it's a chance to set myself for fleeting underwater wildlife moments and my ability to grab 60+ megapixel images AND 4K 60fps video.  What a time to be a storyteller! 

I am looking forward to trying the video on an upcoming project. The new screen is fantastic

I'd use it for landscapes and birds/wildlife. Don't get me wrong, the A1 is amazing. Best camera I've ever used. But at the same time it's a little pricey and I love that a7r5 looks like it has amazing auto focus, and the megapixels too. When I shoot landscapes I don't find myself cropping in that much. But with wildlife, I find I often crop away half of the photo since we can't always get close enough. So I think great AF combined with great crop-ability will make the a7r5 really useful.