RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Jumped from Nikon to Sony

Mondafoto1

I made the jump from shooting Nikon to Sony in October of 2021 after attending a workshop and presentation from Monica Sigmon, Sony Artisan of Imagery. I was fortunate to have a 1:1 conversation with Monica about making the switch. And I trusted her recommendations 100%. I was hesitant to make the switch, as I felt so invested in Nikon for my portrait photography business. It was time for me to make the move and I'm so glad I did. The support from Sony has been incredible! Artists who shoot Sony are inspiring and so talented.

There is a learning curve from one camera system to the next, especially going from DSLR full frame to mirrorless, so if you have made the jump from one system to a completely new one, you're in good company! Do you have a special story that stands out for your Sony gear? I'd love to hear it!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Like @Drew_Geraci, I was with Canon for a decade before switching to Sony. I considered switching for YEARS but I was so invested in Canon gear I just couldn't get myself to do it. In 2019 finally switched to Sony after talking to @CarolineJensen . I only wished I had done it earlier! My focus issues (and they were many) disappeared over night. 

• Like 1