RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Minimum Focus Distance

DaveS
Go to solution Solved by tonygale,

I am considering purchasing the FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.3 GM lens and want to confirm the minimum focus distance. The specs state that the minimum focus distance is 3.22 feet. What I want to confirm is that this is focus distance when the lens is fully zoomed at 400 mm.

Please let me know.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Found this on a review somewhere. Not all zooms have the same minimum focus distance through all ranges of the zoom, but it looks like they'll state that distance. If it's not listed, then that usually means that min distance works throughout the range. 

Source: @DaveS wrote:

I am considering purchasing the FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.3 GM lens and want to confirm the minimum focus distance. The specs state that the minimum focus distance is 3.22 feet. What I want to confirm is that this is focus distance when the lens is fully zoomed at 400 mm.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi. Found this on a review somewhere. Not all zooms have the same minimum focus distance through all ranges of the zoom, but it looks like they'll state that distance. If it's not listed, then that usually means that min distance works throughout the range. 

Source: @DaveS wrote:

Please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks for your response Matt. I really appreciate it.