RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

My Current Camera and Lens. What is yours?

Guest previous-member

I am currently using a Sony a7RIV and FE 1.4 / 35G as my main setup.  A full camera cage from SmallRig provides protection.  I recently added an Atomos NinjaV which is mounted on the cage.  What is your favorite rig?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite kit really varies based on the day and what I am doing, maybe the a1 and the #FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II but I also love my #Alpha 7R IV (a7RIV) and the #FE 70-200MM F2.8 GM OSS II and so many other lenses. Plus the Sony HVL-F60RMII flash. So much cool stuff out there

Guest previous-member

Absolutely there are so many other Sony lenses that I want to add.  My next addition will probably be the FE 70-200MM F2.8 GM OSS II.  Read many good reviews about this lens and it would be a great fit on the things I want to do with photography/video.  Thanks for your reply.

Absolutely there are so many other Sony lenses that I want to add.  My next addition will probably be the FE 70-200MM F2.8 GM OSS II.  Read many good reviews about this lens and it would be a great fit on the things I want to do with photography/video.  Thanks for your reply.

You will love the 70-200 GM II, they did an excellent job with the upgrades!

My favorite, at the moment, is my A7rIII with Sony FE 24-105mm F4 GM.  It's always on my camera and covers the best range.  When it comes to wildlife, I switch over to a Sigma 200-600mm which is amazing.  I'd love the Sony 600mm but too much money.  For Astro, I use the Sony FE 20mm F1.8 GM.  I tried the 16mm but prefer the width of 20mm.  F1.8 is great for Astro and this lens outperforms the Sigma 20mm F1.4 !

Guest previous-member

My favorite, at the moment, is my A7rIII with Sony FE 24-105mm F4 GM.  It's always on my camera and covers the best range.  When it comes to wildlife, I switch over to a Sigma 200-600mm which is amazing.  I'd love the Sony 600mm but too much money.  For Astro, I use the Sony FE 20mm F1.8 GM.  I tried the 16mm but prefer the width of 20mm.  F1.8 is great for Astro and this lens outperforms the Sigma 20mm F1.4 !

Great gear choices.  Have you given any thought of the Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM for astrophotography? 

Guest previous-member

Great setup and I like the 135mm focal length.  I don't own this lens but would be a good addition to my camera bag.  Wouldn't be nice to own a Sony A1.  Thanks for your reply.

Guest previous-member

My main camera and lens is the a74 and 50GM

This is a very nice setup.  I did a lot of research on the FE 50mm f1.2 GM and decided that I would go with the FE 35mm 1.4 GM as a first lens.  What types of photographs do you take ?  Thanks for your reply.