RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Something wider than 35mm recommentations?

LaurynasB
Go to solution Solved by LensBrew,

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Primes are my favorite and I do prefer them. The answer would depend on the shot that you missed and what lens do you feel would have done the job. 35mm GM is my favorite and capture amazing angles. I would recommend any of the 24mm f/1.4 GM. It's newer than the Zeiss, faster, lighter, a very great lens and only $50 more expensive.

Check out the 20mm G.  You won't really miss the 2/3 on the light. Focuses quickly for photos. Video the ring is tight enough for a smooth transition on focus.  This is my main lens that I use for video work in addition to a 16mm 1.4 from sigma (yes it's a crop lens, but shooting 4k60 it's great... and it's so cheap, you might as well add it for the wide, but not super wide feel).

If you want to see what the 20mm G looks like from about 7 or 8' away, let me know. I can send you pictures and a video link.

Check out the 20mm G.  You won't really miss the 2/3 on the light. Focuses quickly for photos. Video the ring is tight enough for a smooth transition on focus.  This is my main lens that I use for video work in addition to a 16mm 1.4 from sigma (yes it's a crop lens, but shooting 4k60 it's great... and it's so cheap, you might as well add it for the wide, but not super wide feel).

If you want to see what the 20mm G looks like from about 7 or 8' away, let me know. I can send you pictures and a video link.

Thank you for you answer!