RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What are your favorite lenses for Portraiture?

MiguelQuiles

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many good ones! For me it really depends on context and who I am photographing and why. I love the new #FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II  and the #FE 70-200MM F2.8 GM OSS II both amazing and versatile.  The #FE 135mm F1.8 GM  is incredible, and I occasionally use the #FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS because the compression is so cool!

I grew up with shooting with an 85mm f1.8 (from a different brand, and the lens is about 20 years older than me). I still love that focal length and look. I've liked using the #FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSSas a sub for it - it's like having everything I like about that focal length PLUS a great macro lens. I always like having kit that can do double/tripple-duty in m

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going a bit old school.  

When that first 55 lens rolled off the assembly line, I wonder if anyone realized then how great it was.  I still have mine and have not been tempted to sell it even when I added the 50GM to my kit.  While a little long for doing street photography, I always bring it along and often use it.  The 55 is always in my fanny pack along with the 85mm f/1.8 and 20mm f/1.8 when I'm shooting weddings, though I use the 35GM probably 60% of the time.  There is nothing old school about the 55mm f/1.8!!!