RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Whats your 1st Sony camera

Joey-Austin

Hello Sony family, I'm new to the Alpha Universe but have been a Sony shooter since 2012, my first Sony was nex 5n, and I still own it and sometimes use it, what really attracted me to it at the time was the size and the fast FPS, I was a shy photographer and didn't want to attract a lot of attention to myself when shooting outside, whats was your first Sony camera and why?

Does Sony Ericsson K750 counts? I bought that phone for the camera in 2005, a 2 MP fun tool at that time. And I still have it to this day.

If it doesn't count, then it's the A9ii for me. It is the AF that I needed to capture my kids and sports.

Oh man I loved that phone, it was crazy good, I used to have w550 orange, old phones were more fun then phones these days

Oh man I loved that phone, it was crazy good, I used to have w550 orange, old phones were more fun then phones these days

True. Then they were "phones", to call people to connect. Nonetheless, I love the new technology and how we get to conduct businesses on a small devices.

I did get it, it worked well. I don't have it any longer and I am only using E mount glass now

The first picture I got published was with #Alpha 6000 (a6000) and A mount 18-250 using the LA EA2, I still have the lens but not the adapter and thinking about getting another adapter and put it back to work, specially with #Alpha 7R V (Alpha7RV) I can get 26 Megapixel images with it, I'm thing about getting the LA EA5

The first picture I got published was with #Alpha 6000 (a6000) and A mount 18-250 using the LA EA2, I still have the lens but not the adapter and thinking about getting another adapter and put it back to work, specially with #Alpha 7R V (Alpha7RV) I can get 26 Megapixel images with it, I'm thing about getting the LA EA5

The LA-EA5 look like an excellent adapter

Hey Joey - my first Sony was a7R - used it on a workshop I taught in Grand Teton NP. I was hooked with the dynamic range and never looked back - it was adios Canon!

Hi Don, that was a great camera, the R is every photographers dream, can't believe how far cameras came alone since

My first was the Sony Cybershot DSC-P200 all the way back in 2005. Ever since then, I've owned the a700, NEX-7, #Alpha 6000 (a6000) , a3000, #Alpha 6300 (a6300) , #Alpha 6500 (a6500) , and the #Alpha 6600 (a6600) .

My first was the Sony Cybershot DSC-P200 all the way back in 2005. Ever since then, I've owned the a700, NEX-7, #Alpha 6000 (a6000) , a3000, #Alpha 6300 (a6300) , #Alpha 6500 (a6500) , and the #Alpha 6600 (a6600) .

I remember when the NEX-7 came out it was crazy good and I always wanted one, but ended up getting NEX 5n

• Like 1