RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Xperia Smartphones

Guest previous-member

What are your experiences with any of the Xperia smartphones?  How many of you actually use them as phones?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using an Xperia for several years, I have always preferred Android phones and love my Xperia. I have used an Xperia 5 and 5II and will shortly be upgrading to the Xperia Pro-I. Aside from the super cool camera features on the Photo Pro App and the video Cinema Pro app, it is an excellent phone. I have been very happy with mine.

#Xperia 5 II #Xperia 5 #Xperia PRO-I 

Guest previous-member

Thanks for your reply.  I've been doing some research on these.  I keep gravitating towards the Pro-I.  I really don't use my iPhone much to "talk" but would keep it as my primary cell.  My thoughts are just to use the Xperia Pro-I for photos/videos.  I really would love having so much capability in a small package that I could easily carry around.  Appreciate your input.

Guest previous-member

I really need to borrow one of these! I tried at Kando, but they were out the whole time! I am looking for a vlogging phone, but have been iPhone since the beginning. 

I hear you.  I went to our local Best Buy just to see what it looked like, how it felt etc.  None in store.  With so many Experia models to choose from and they are a bit pricey, I at least wanted to see it in person versus just ads.  Oh well.  I would appreciate any feedback if you do get to borrow one.  Did you have a particular model in mind?

Thanks for your reply.  I've been doing some research on these.  I keep gravitating towards the Pro-I.  I really don't use my iPhone much to "talk" but would keep it as my primary cell.  My thoughts are just to use the Xperia Pro-I for photos/videos.  I really would love having so much capability in a small package that I could easily carry around.  Appreciate your input.

It's a very capable device, for sure!

I have been using Xperia since the Xperia 1 first version, and have updated when new versions have come out. I just got the the new Xperia 1iv and am very happy with it. I really like the quality of the images from the phone, and the various lenses. It is the only phone i use!

Guest previous-member

I have been using Xperia since the Xperia 1 first version, and have updated when new versions have come out. I just got the the new Xperia 1iv and am very happy with it. I really like the quality of the images from the phone, and the various lenses. It is the only phone i use!

Your shots of Rockefeller Center with the Pro-I was the primary reason I became interested in the Xperia line.  Thanks for your response and I enjoy following your work.  Much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I have been using an Xperia for several years, I have always preferred Android phones and love my Xperia. I have used an Xperia 5 and 5II and will shortly be upgrading to the Xperia Pro-I. Aside from the super cool camera features on the Photo Pro App and the video Cinema Pro app, it is an excellent phone. I have been very happy with mine.

#Xperia 5 II #Xperia 5 #Xperia PRO-I 

I currently own the Xperia 1 iv. For me it's been the best phone experience on an Xperia device in recent iterations.

Downsides have been typing on the narrow display (larger hands) and sub par Bluetooth connectivity.

Guest previous-member

I currently own the Xperia 1 iv. For me it's been the best phone experience on an Xperia device in recent iterations.

Downsides have been typing on the narrow display (larger hands) and sub par Bluetooth connectivity.

Thanks for your input - keep me posted on your experiences with the 1 IV.  I'm going to purchase this as well and I believe it is a great choice.