RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

ZV-1 Grinding Noise

RoGina
Go to solution Solved by LensBrew,

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know why my ZV-1 is making a grinding noise? It happens when I turn the camera on/of and when I extend the lens. It worked perfectly yesterday and when I turned it on this morning to record some content, it started making this sound. Other than the noise, it still takes images and records video with no issues. Can this be repaired?  

(unlisted video)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Not possible to know without opening it physically and doing a thorough inspection. But I suspect the culprit to be the lens motor or the gear coupling for that motor. Usually some foreign object might got in there, or a piece was diffracted and only recently showed up as an issue.

I don't believe anyone "repairs", in the sense of fixing a part and reusing it. But It can definitely be replaced, and with a bit of internal cleanup the camera should be as good as new.

But until then, I recommend you do not operate it to avoid exacerbating the problem or creating new ones.