See Official Sweepstakes Rules here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bird Photographers Start Here! 🦅

MattK
Leading Creator

Hi everyone! Matt Kloskowski (from MattK.com) here and if you love Bird Photography this is a great place to start. Bird and wildlife photography is one of the most challenging areas, but also one of the most rewarding. There’s nothing like that feeling of getting that sharp action photo, and showing it off. If you’ve got any questions feel free to post but I thought it would be fun to kick this off with your favorite camera/lens combo and-or bird photography camera settings. I’ll go ahead and start…
📷 - Sony A1 or A74 with the 200-600mm lens. Such a great combo!
My go-to settings are Manual Exposure Mode | f/6.3 | 1/3200th | Auto ISO On

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your favorites or any questions! 

32 REPLIES 32

Thanks, Matt, for sharing your favorite camera/lens combo! 

jeffdag

I am still watching your fantastic bird photography course. I'm using an A1 with the 100-400. The 70-200 2.8 combination is great for cycling and motorcycle photography. I've been interested in bird photography for some time and was very excited when your bird photography course was offered. I've learned so much from you and greatly appreciate the time you take to answer questions and help other photographers.

MattK
Leading Creator

Thanks Jeff! Glad to see you stop by here. 

artnapp

Sony A7RIV with Sony 200-600 or Tamron 28-200.

This photo was with the Sony A7-RIV and the Tamron set to 200mm, f=5.6, 1/2000, ISO 1600. Bright sky with a dark tree canopy and a black bird; tough exposure problem.Selby Bird.jpg