See Official Sweepstakes Rules here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my photography.

faysal9

So, I invite everyone to Rate/Critique my pictures. How would you compose/Process this picture if you were at my place? Here is the first one.

x_DSC9607.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MattK
Leading Creator

Hi. Like the others I really like the colors here. Has a very soft pastel look to it. Great job there. Also great job on composition. Not that I look for them while shooting, but after the fact I find that triangles are a great hook. The more the better (see example below). They tend to really bring your eyes in to the photo and point to things. Honestly I like the centered look with the small area of sky. But I also like it cropped and having the tractor toward one side or the other. Both work and both are strong. After that it just becomes about personal taste. 

A5E90E56-D035-4771-8896-ECA6E2EA005B.jpegBBFF8F81-4953-45B1-AA41-04581D41E3F0.jpeg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pm-r
Rising Star

The overall color palette is amazing!  It's a beautiful image for sure.  My only thing is I wish the tractor was not in the center of the frame?  But it's a small thing.  The image in gorgeous.  Show us more!!!

CarolineJensen
Prime Creator

The colors are so amazing here...really gorgeous. I tend to love a strong centered composition, but I feel like the tractor is leaning a bit. I would bring the right side of the frame up a smidge so the back of the tractor is perfectly parallel with the bottom of the frame. The other thing I would do is up the contrast ever so slightly on the tractor itself. The luminance values of your image are similar across the board, so the tractor gets lost a little bit. I would use a brush in your editing program to paint on some contrast and maybe a touch of sharpening to the tractor. That will visually draw the eye right to it without seeming obvious. It is easy for the amazing autumn colors to steal the scene! 

Drew_Geraci
Leading Creator

Love the autumn colors and I like the centering of the tractor - my only comment would be to have a bit more contrast in the shot and the tractor (it blends into the background too much). Would love to see those blacks pop a bit more!

MattK
Leading Creator

Hi. Like the others I really like the colors here. Has a very soft pastel look to it. Great job there. Also great job on composition. Not that I look for them while shooting, but after the fact I find that triangles are a great hook. The more the better (see example below). They tend to really bring your eyes in to the photo and point to things. Honestly I like the centered look with the small area of sky. But I also like it cropped and having the tractor toward one side or the other. Both work and both are strong. After that it just becomes about personal taste. 

A5E90E56-D035-4771-8896-ECA6E2EA005B.jpegBBFF8F81-4953-45B1-AA41-04581D41E3F0.jpeg