RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

How Many of You Have Tried Adding Textures to Your Images?

DonSmith
Go to solution Solved by K5683love,

Every once in a while I like turning my inner artistic child loose during processing and I play with texture overlays. My favs are from Flypaper Textures. It's easy to do and adds a painterly look to my images. Here is one I did earlier this week while visiting family in Northern California. My wife Beri and I went our for an early morning walk at sunrise and there was some ground fog. I had my eye on this Oak snag and had been waiting for the right atmospheric conditions. The straight shot with was cool but by adding (2) textures, it elevated the look and feel of the image. Would love to hear your thoughts...

765iE0E30ED80EF5C4F0.thumb.jpg.e2e5f7ee524a831f025162935aaf3baa.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that photo! I do it sometimes when I have a great photo of wildlife with a bad background. It’s actually a lot of fun and I find people love the technique whenever I show it. It’s great for landscapes too. It gives it a mix between photographic and artistic quality and definitely looks great when printed. 

• 1 month later...

Love that photo! I do it sometimes when I have a great photo of wildlife with a bad background. It’s actually a lot of fun and I find people love the technique whenever I show it. It’s great for landscapes too. It gives it a mix between photographic and artistic quality and definitely looks great when printed. 

I find it another outlet for creativity Matt. People do seem to respond favorably - at least most of the time 🙂