RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

I shot a wedding last Saturday. I only used three lenses: 24-70 f/2.8GMII, 70-200GMII, and the 35GM

pm-r

I had a great time Saturday shooting a wedding here in Knoxville.  It was so nice to just use mostly two lenses all day: 24-70 f/2.8GMII & 70-200GMII.  I only used the long zoom for the ceremony itself, which was outside under a perfect overcast sky.  it was like God provided a huge light bank over the top of everything just for me.

I'll post some images as I get to finish the edit but for now, I'm just thankful that Sony is providing me two zooms that literally rival the sharpness, speed, and accuracy of the primes that I love so much.

We were all treated to an amazing sunset that just went on and on.  I managed to pull tons of couples into two locations and shot portraits with the background of the sky as it changed and shifted towards darkness.  It became an elongated portrait shoot as people got really excited and wanted their picture made with the sky. 

The only other lens I used Saturday, was the 35m f/1.4GM lens, which is always my go-to for the receptions in darkness with only flashing LED DJ lights as the only light.  I packed up at 11pm and after I loaded up and got in the truck to head home, I realized that my back didn't even hurt!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA! I see you used it for low light. Thanks!

What prompted you to add in the 35? I often see the 24-70 as a replacement for the need for a 35 or 50 prime, especially with the 70 end available on the 70-200. I'm just curious! 

For me, once the reception begins and the lights go down, all I need is one fast prime so I can shoot available light with the lens wide open.  The 35GM is so small and lightweight that I prefer it to the zoom.  I go to one camera and one lens until the night is over.