RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Is your business seasonal? And what gear do you invest in to prepare?

monicasigmon

We specialize in family portraits and fall - December is always our busiest time. I'm curious if others of you out there have a particular time of year that is busier than the rest (even if you aren't portrait photographers)? What do you do to maximize and prepare for it?

We always take a week off around Labor Day to just relax before the holiday crazies kick in. We send our gear out to get cleaned, and this is also typically the time we invest in new gear. This gives us a few weeks to get used to it before the influx of sessions. My latest purchase is the #FE 50mm F1.2 GM and I can’t wait to see how it will impact our family portraits this season!

What do you do to prepare for your busy season? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love collecting gear and experimenting with different lenses. I am like a kid in a candy store and at times buy things I don't really need. Eventually I do find a need for a lens I never thought I would use too much. Of course Sony is always coming out with fantastic stuff - they love feeding my addiction.🤣

I love collecting gear and experimenting with different lenses. I am like a kid in a candy store and at times buy things I don't really need. Eventually I do find a need for a lens I never thought I would use too much. Of course Sony is always coming out with fantastic stuff - they love feeding my addiction.🤣

Right? I just convinced myself I NEED the #FE 35mm F1.4 GM 😂

My schedule is so all over the place that I can't predict it. So I base new purchases on what I want to do, or occasionally on a specific project need. There is so much cool stuff out there. I keep thinking I don't need anything new, then Sony comes out with something awesome...