RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Kando-Canvo: Been to Kando in the past? What are the most important things you took away?

pm-r

I am indeed fortunate to have been to all of the Kandos since Sony started putting them on.  Each one I walk away with, I try to discern something that I can really change or take away from the experience that will improve my life as a visual journalist and digital capture expert.  What are some of the things that you have come away from the Kando experience that have really helped you and changed your professional trajectory?

In my case, it's been my use of social media.  Kando 3.0 was the one that really helped me here.  I took every class on social media and one in particular was on how to tackle YouTube.  I made a lot of notes that I kept looking at over the following months, and I started to take my YouTube channel seriously.  I increased the quality of my videos by upping the production value of them and by making better and better notes BEFORE recording.  I began to understand the back end of YouTube, looking closely about information on who watches me, how long they stay interested, and by looking at the correlation between how often I post and how many subscribers sign up for my channel.  At Kando 3.0, I was sitting on just a thousand followers and at this moment, I'm getting close to 16,000.  Now, I'm no phenom out there on the net, but for a guy not so recently entered into the AARP Hall of Fame, I feel good about my channel's growth and where it's heading.  

Enough about me.  How has Kando positively affected your work and experience?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could say the same as everyone else. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to be invited. But what everyone is saying is why I would love to go there. The community, education, connections and getting to experiment with some toys, I mean tools.

Nonetheless, I enjoy viewing and learning from the majority of photographers, and videographers, here including you. So I feel I'm benefiting from Kando second-hand.

That's awesome PMR - I think you and I were in that same class. My travel schedule has really put a dent into my YouTube Channel - may be something for me to take more seriously in 2003.

let me know if you need any help or encouragement Don.