RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Lens problem

maemackay

hi! I have taken my a6600 with tamron 28-75mm lens on holiday but on arriving have found the lens is not recognised by the camera. I’ve not had this issue before. Have tried cleaning the little metal connections on the lens and resetting the camera with no luck. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a fix/can it be repaired? Any advice greatly appreciated! 😊

960i22B99BBBE4D84177.thumb.jpg.5f4327c96602c492a60c0382afd8d4fe.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once had a similar issue when using extension tubes with my A7III. I had to clean both connectors on the lens and camera body. Some adapters/lenses may wear down the connectors over time. Do any of the pins seem like they are recessed more than others? Did it give you an error code? I second tonygale's advice. Trying different lenses on your body and lens on a different body can help eliminate possibilities.

Do you have any friends with a Sony camera? I would try the lens on another body and/or try another lens on yours and see if you can figure out if it is the lens or the camera. You might be able to go into a camera store and see if they will let you try?

Sadly not here and no camera stores nearby, I think I’ll just have to wait until I get home to try swapping lenses. Very frustrating. Thanks for your advice!

Once had a similar issue when using extension tubes with my A7III. I had to clean both connectors on the lens and camera body. Some adapters/lenses may wear down the connectors over time. Do any of the pins seem like they are recessed more than others? Did it give you an error code? I second tonygale's advice. Trying different lenses on your body and lens on a different body can help eliminate possibilities.

Did you just use a dry cloth or did you use any products to clean the connectors? Pins on the camera look all good (I hope, the body is fairly new!) but there is potentially a bit of wear on the first connector on the lens. Thanks a lot, will swap about lenses when I get home 😊

Did you just use a dry cloth or did you use any products to clean the connectors? Pins on the camera look all good (I hope, the body is fairly new!) but there is potentially a bit of wear on the first connector on the lens. Thanks a lot, will swap about lenses when I get home 😊

Rubbing alcohol and qtip then a screen cloth to remove any residual material left behind.