RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Long Lens Landscape Photography

RisingSunPhotog

Is anyone else out there shooting long-lens (telephoto) landscape photography? I dabble in it using my Sony 200-600mm lens to capture the intense, sometimes surreal perspective it creates. I usually shoot in silent-shutter mode (iso 100) to avoid shutter-shake movement during a long exposure.

What are your tips, tricks or deep secrets for long-lens landscapes? 

@RisingSunPhotog

1632iAD8E414F3617D6A2.thumb.jpg.2f357400d1d3a2b63141531c12b88ad3.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work!! I absolutely love shooting long-lens landscapes. It's such a unique perspective and really allows you to see details you normally can't see with wide-angles. A solid tripod, sandbag/backpack for weight, and a shutter release cable make for the perfect combo! The 70-200GM II is my favorite to use (for sharpness, speed, and clarity). Keep up the wonderful work! 

I love both the Sony 100-400mm and the Sony 200-600mm. I often use the 1.4x and the 2x teles with these lenses for my landscape photography. If there is no wind, try using the 5 second timer or cable release. I've also used the Sony Bluetooth to trip shutter - many choices. Wind is the hardest element to deal with when using shutters between 1/30th  - 1/2 sec.