RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

New work - what are you working on?

monicasigmon

It's a new year and I'm excited to be trying some new things in 2023. I found myself with a pretty serious creative block last year, so it feels like I'm just waking up out of a fog! Has anyone else gone through that? Have any of you thought of specific ideas/projects you want to tackle this year?  Here's an image I photographed just before New Year's and I'm excited to see what else I can do along these lines...it's REALLY different than anything I currently do for my clients! 

Shot with my brand new #a7RV and #FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II 

1204iBB525EA3EBD4F553.thumb.jpg.fe0fc2186c2edfb7a2656c6cdc5475f3.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm working on honing my post processing and sports photography. I've just learned a new tip regarding basketball, and that is to sit on the right side of the basket facing the court. The majority of players are right handed, so this would be the best position to capture facial expression during a dunk.

The lesson I learned is some research into small things, that some people would dismiss as unnecessary overwork, can surprisingly help create better photos.

This is gorgeous! I am in a weird place. My subjects have become very seasonal...flowers and waterfowl. That has left me a little lost over winter. That is ok though as I need this time to prep for the busy season ahead and to work through my backlog of images from last year. 

I am moving in a similar direction too. I usually shoot dark and moody, but I'm planning to have more color and lightness in my work this year. 

I've been researching on bunch of different stuff and techniques. I've been finding alot of fascinating BTS creators have been showing to show their creative process and its reaaally cool!!! I started experimenting with portraits last year and will try to continue to improve that. I also want to improve post processing as well. This weekend I am going to do my first sports photography at an AHL game! Looking forward to a year of learning! 

I'm working on honing my post processing and sports photography. I've just learned a new tip regarding basketball, and that is to sit on the right side of the basket facing the court. The majority of players are right handed, so this would be the best position to capture facial expression during a dunk.

The lesson I learned is some research into small things, that some people would dismiss as unnecessary overwork, can surprisingly help create better photos.

So true about research! Great job!

This is gorgeous! I am in a weird place. My subjects have become very seasonal...flowers and waterfowl. That has left me a little lost over winter. That is ok though as I need this time to prep for the busy season ahead and to work through my backlog of images from last year. 

I am moving in a similar direction too. I usually shoot dark and moody, but I'm planning to have more color and lightness in my work this year. 

I find that I am just a better person when I'm shooting. We are traditionally pretty slow first quarter and I end up in a funk. This year I am forcing myself to shoot more consistently - even if it's calling some people to come in. I hear what you're saying though about flowers and birds... 

I've been researching on bunch of different stuff and techniques. I've been finding alot of fascinating BTS creators have been showing to show their creative process and its reaaally cool!!! I started experimenting with portraits last year and will try to continue to improve that. I also want to improve post processing as well. This weekend I am going to do my first sports photography at an AHL game! Looking forward to a year of learning! 

That's great! Who have been some of your favorite BTS portrait photographers? I'd love to check them out!

I find that I am just a better person when I'm shooting. We are traditionally pretty slow first quarter and I end up in a funk. This year I am forcing myself to shoot more consistently - even if it's calling some people to come in. I hear what you're saying though about flowers and birds... 

Totally agree that it's awesome to stay consistent. It is harder to get back on the horse after not for a long time!