RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Personal Work

IraBlock

As a busy working professional my time is eaten up not only doing photos but dealing with the business of my photography.  I try to find time to go out and shoot for myself, but my personal images are disjointed and very random. I have done some personal 'projects' that help me focus on a single topic and helps me create a body of work that is very cohesive.

That being said, the random images I take keep my photographic vision very sharp, and also keeps me nimble and very familiar with my gear. If i don't use my gear regularly I need time to get back in the rhythm of the connection between my hands and my vision. And of course I love using new equipment and personal photos are great way of getting accustomed to a new body or lens. How much time do you spend on shooting personal work?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I try and do a personal project in the context of our studio business at least once a year. BUT...I am trying to shoot more personal FUN stuff just for me...NOT on my phone! We're doing a bit more traveling now so I'm hoping that will help! (That's why I was glad to read on my other post that you are happy using the #Alpha 7C (a7C) !