RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Unconventional Family Portraiture

monicasigmon

In our town our studio is well known for Family and Children's portraits and we specialize in wall art. Recently, a family came to us because they wanted a portrait created in our style, but they were hesitant because they "aren't a formal family".  After talking more with them, and finding out what the children are into, I suggested a "modern family" portrait. We used the same backgrounds, lighting, etc, but we let everyone do what they felt best represented them at this moment in their lives...including Dad in his camo because he loves hunting, and little Batman because evidently he dresses as a different superhero every day. 😂

What's the most unusual or unconventional family portrait you've created?  I'd love to see them and get ideas to offer more portraits like these to our clients!

458i321DC0DB4214D7F7.thumb.jpg.8e0d8c941096ac22fec61365fde3d4c2.jpg

459i82A2B870D14D2426.thumb.jpg.192e1b15804f886e9292cdb8a392f852.jpg

#Alpha 7R IV (a7RIV) #FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II 

  

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love these images. And love how you were able find a solution that fit their personalities yet create art from what most of us would simply pass on or put them on a white background- It shows you much you care for the people you create for and just how creative you are. 

Thank you for your inspiration!

Love these images. And love how you were able find a solution that fit their personalities yet create art from what most of us would simply pass on or put them on a white background- It shows you much you care for the people you create for and just how creative you are. 
Thank you for your inspiration!

thank you!!!!