RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What Creative Look do you like best? Standard, Neutral, other?

CarolineJensen

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Caroline,

"when I do raw+jpeg"

When do you do that "raw+jpeg". 

When I started, I captured both, but never ended up looking at the jpegs. That's probably because I was anxious to learn Capture One, and by shooting raw, it locked me in to that workflow. That was intentional. 

What do you do with jpegs straight from the camera?

Hi, Caroline,
"when I do raw+jpeg"

When do you do that "raw+jpeg". 

When I started, I captured both, but never ended up looking at the jpegs. That's probably because I was anxious to learn Capture One, and by shooting raw, it locked me in to that workflow. That was intentional. 

What do you do with jpegs straight from the camera?

Honestly, I LOVE the IN color look, so I often use those for my own shots for my family. If we are on vacation I just use the jpegs!

Neutral for me looks the best. It felt more natural and a simple boost in contrast in post puts it where I find it satisfactory.

Could you elaborate on the fading part? I try to never touch the Creative Look settings.

I use neutral often too! The fade function gives that washed out look of improperly exposed film..the shadows are lifted. You can adjust the amount or turn it off, in camera.