RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What is Your Next "BUCKET LIST LOCATION" To Photograph?

DonSmith

I am just returning from my second International Workshop that I have taught with my partner Ron Modra in the past 5 weeks. I am currently in DFW International awaiting my last leg home to the Central California Coast. We are returning from a really fun workshop in Patagonia (El Calafate, El Chalten and Torres del Paine) and prior to that were in the Scottish Highlands. Next up in less than two weeks is Monument Valley - environmental portraiture of the native Navajos and capturing the fantastic landscape... Where is your next BUCKET LIST LOCATION?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to get to Alaska sometime soon for some eagle and bear photography. Some of the locations there get you so close to the action, I may actually NOT have to crop 70% of the photo away 🙂

I was there years ago Matt - awesome and wild! I need to get back one of these days!

I have a long bucket list! But I would say the top right now is the highland games in Scotland. And since I'm there, I want to shoot fog, sunrise and sunset scenes of the Loch Ness monster lake and castle.

I was just there for two weeks leading a workshop with my partner Ron Modra - got everything you are talking about - I highly recommend the Highlands and Isle of Lewis and Harris!

My bucket list is in my backyard, haha! I want to set up decent blinds for birding this coming year. I also am hoping to finally photograph my flower farm with something other than my phone, haha! 

Not a bad place to be - we all think of faraway lands but oftentimes home pushes our senses! Happy Holidays Caroline.

So many places to see! We are going to Yosemite and Pinnacles for the first time this summer!

Pinnacles is not far from me - it can be hot there in the summer and is a lot of walking to get to the high peaks but is worth the effort. My advice is to start early in the morning. Yosemite high country is best in the summer. Two excellent choices!

I was just there for two weeks leading a workshop with my partner Ron Modra - got everything you are talking about - I highly recommend the Highlands and Isle of Lewis and Harris!

I saw your workshop for the trip, but I'm constrained with when I can leave for long duration and long distance trips. I haven't made real plans for Scotland, other than the bucket list, but there are so many places including Lewis and Harris that I want to see. 

Are there other location or events around the highland games? Say 2-3 hour drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Iceland for three plus weeks next month leading two workshops with fellow Artisan Gary Hart!

You might catch the new lava flow that started about a week ago. This ones looks more "flowy" than the earlier one. It is amazing to see, and I understand FatbeardMedia's obsession with lava.