RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What lens are you wishing Sony would create?

CarolineJensen

Ooo theres actually a few lens I wish Sony would create!

I hope Sony can create a GM version of the:

1. FE 24-240mm (https://www.adorama.com/iso24240e.html) Except the GM version having a consistent f/2.8 and be compatible with a TC. This GM version would be the perfect all-in-one travel lens. I wouldn't have to constantly swap lens and can travel light with just one.

2. If Sony can make the lens above except starting at 12 or 16mm to 240mm that would be great too! 🙂

After the 300mm f/2.8 announcement I was happy to finally "complete" my gear. I mentioned this is an earlier thread, my ultimate prime setup is 35mm, 135mm and 300mm. I can do a lot with only those 3 lenses while traveling. If I would buy extras, I would like an updated 16-35mm GM and 85mm f/1.2.

• Like 1

I would like a 24-105 but in f2.8 not f4.0, and if I am asking for the world (not sure of this is even physically possible), also have the lens not extend when zoomed like the current 24-105 f4.0.  I love my 24-105 f4.0 but having it not extend when zoomed would give better weather protection and who would not want to pick up 3 stops.

• Like 1

A 200/2 would be more useful (especially as a halo lens) than the announced 300/2.8, methinks.

A light-weight 200/2.8 (even a remake of the old Minolta design) is also a more useful lens than many might think -- the problem is probably that it wouldn't be a great seller? Perhaps it could be remade in an APS-C version? I very often use my old Minolta 200/2.8 with LA-EA4 on the a6000 as a very lightweight 300mm alternative. Quality is great.

I would love to see a full manual focus 14 or 20mm lens exactly like the samyang lenses as a night sky photographer I rely on the infinity focusing to be on the lens rather then being done on the wee screen I would love to own a sony's own lens and if they did it would be added to my cart faster than you could say landscape astrophotography.

A 200/2 would be more useful (especially as a halo lens) than the announced 300/2.8, methinks.

A light-weight 200/2.8 (even a remake of the old Minolta design) is also a more useful lens than many might think -- the problem is probably that it wouldn't be a great seller? Perhaps it could be remade in an APS-C version? I very often use my old Minolta 200/2.8 with LA-EA4 on the a6000 as a very lightweight 300mm alternative. Quality is great.

That is a coveted combo for sure. 200/2 is amazing. 

I would like a 24-105 but in f2.8 not f4.0, and if I am asking for the world (not sure of this is even physically possible), also have the lens not extend when zoomed like the current 24-105 f4.0.  I love my 24-105 f4.0 but having it not extend when zoomed would give better weather protection and who would not want to pick up 3 stops.

Oh yes! 

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

A 105mm f2.8 or similar. NOT a massive 1.4 monster like the Sigma but a lightweight 105mm with smooth bokeh. The 100mm STM is not a likeable lens for me. Too big and heavy for everyday use.  I find the 105mm focal length much more flattering for portraits - I don't like the 85mm length. 

My 10c

If I have to be tremendously honest, I'd love a zoom lens, like a 18-75 F1.4. So that way I can really carry just ONE lens.

Probably, it will be HUGE in size, but considering lenses at the very end can only go as small as they are now, it wouldn't really be a problem.

Yes, I'd prefer something smaller, but it's almost impossible, at least for now I think, so, yeah, that's my bet.