RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What New Locations Do You Hope To Photograph In 2023?

DonSmith

My wife Beri and I are already looking at new areas to visit and photograph this upcoming year. Two that come to mind are Glacier NP this October and Australia's Great Ocean Road in June. How about you? Where are you hoping to go this year? Greenland and Vietnam are also on my list - so many locations...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within China, I would like to make it to Inner Mongolia.  Outside of mainland China, I would like to go to Iceland and/or Thailand.  This summer I'm heading back to the US for a couple weeks and I plan on roadtripping through the south.  Not sure what to do yet, but soon, very soon...

Those sound like great locations! I was actually having a hard time deciding between Greenland and Svalbard. I ended up choosing Svalbard for this June for the wildlife. Also planning for Japan in March/April for the Cherry Blossom season.

I think Greenland will be added soon - my wife in interested in going also so that is a plus!

Don, if you're going as far as Australia, why not add New Zealand and French Polynesia to the same trip. It's a long flight to each from the US, I would recommend to do them in one shot if possible.

Personally, I want to go to Antarctica and Panama Canal. They are a one-time visit locations, so I want to cover them while I'm still young.

I did a lot  of genealogy and family research  over the past year. One of the things I want to try to do is travel to these places and use the old addresses I found on the census and phone book records and photograph them.  

That is something that sounds awesome to do RoGina. I can see where that would bring a lot of self-satisfaction!

I’m heading to Ireland for a Golf Trip in august but will bring the camera along as well 😉 Really looking forward to that one!

Wow - you need a caddie? I've played the Old Course with my sons - that along with playing Pebble Beach was the Holy Grail for me Matt. Still want to see Augusta National. Have a fantastic trip!!!

Within China, I would like to make it to Inner Mongolia.  Outside of mainland China, I would like to go to Iceland and/or Thailand.  This summer I'm heading back to the US for a couple weeks and I plan on roadtripping through the south.  Not sure what to do yet, but soon, very soon...

On my bucket list also Horn

Don, if you're going as far as Australia, why not add New Zealand and French Polynesia to the same trip. It's a long flight to each from the US, I would recommend to do them in one shot if possible.

Personally, I want to go to Antarctica and Panama Canal. They are a one-time visit locations, so I want to cover them while I'm still young.

I will have just concluded a winter workshop on the South Island of New Zealand before going this June.

Wow - you need a caddie? I've played the Old Course with my sons - that along with playing Pebble Beach was the Holy Grail for me Matt. Still want to see Augusta National. Have a fantastic trip!!!

Thanks Don. I can’t wait. 8 days and 6 courses. It’s going to be a lot of fun. What a great experience to be able to play the Old course with your kids. Mine are in college now and we play when they’re home. Looking forward to getting to bring them some places as time goes on.