RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What was your pivot during covid?

CarolineJensen

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When covid hit I went back to what made me fall in love with photography, my family. I started to document everything. I didn't share much, but what I did share landed me my first editorial client. Since then, I've been trying to find ways to merge the two to get more of that type of work.  

When covid hit I went back to what made me fall in love with photography, my family. I started to document everything. I didn't share much, but what I did share landed me my first editorial client. Since then, I've been trying to find ways to merge the two to get more of that type of work.  

That is awesome! 

For me, my business was about 80% online teaching and 20% in person. Covid forced me to 100% online and honestly, it solidified my business that way. Made me realize that the in person stuff was taking away from me really putting full effort online. Post covid, the business is now 100% online. 

Oddly enough I got busier starting mid 2020... As a (primarily) marine photographer covid lockdowns had a positive effect in the sense that it drove so many people into boating. My clients sold a record amount of product which is good for marketing budgets. Of course that bit us in the butt the following year when there was little to no boats available to shoot as they were all sold or hung-up due to supply-chain issues... Win some, lose some. 

Oddly enough I got busier starting mid 2020... As a (primarily) marine photographer covid lockdowns had a positive effect in the sense that it drove so many people into boating. My clients sold a record amount of product which is good for marketing budgets. Of course that bit us in the butt the following year when there was little to no boats available to shoot as they were all sold or hung-up due to supply-chain issues... Win some, lose some. 

Oh wow! That is good to hear! 

For me, my business was about 80% online teaching and 20% in person. Covid forced me to 100% online and honestly, it solidified my business that way. Made me realize that the in person stuff was taking away from me really putting full effort online. Post covid, the business is now 100% online. 

That is really interesting and I'm sure it opened up some free time for you too! 

I'm one of the people who searched for those videos and learned a great deal from them, including yours.

I can also blame you for putting Costa Rica back on my bucket list after I checked it off 😁