RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Would welcome some feedback…

Dan-cp

Was down at the Savannah, GA riverfront yesterday and was looking for good examples of a Christmas-ee bokeh shot and saw this young lady relaxing on the bench next to me. I shot this ala “street photography” mode in that she didn’t see it coming, but I did go up and shared with her afterwards. She liked it. I like it. Thoughts?

959i0C378231271C8EE7.thumb.jpg.4e0d1d3218b28fcf45783f9b4084598a.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi. I think overall it has a nice look to it. Technically everything is great, except as Tony mentioned it is crooked, so you'd want to straighten it. 

For me personally, it doesn't signify any connection with anything but a phone. I guess that's life, so if that's what you're looking to capture it does the job. But a photo of a person sitting on a bench looking at a phone, doesn't necessarily resonate with me. Thanks.

Great shot! Definitely straighten the horizon, as has already been mentioned. One other thing I notice is that the right corner is so much brighter than the subject itself, it's pulling my eye away from her. The nature of street photography often makes things like that unavoidable, but sometimes a simple step to the left or right can change it enough to help. Just food for thought as you continue shooting!