RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Your 1st Paid Photo Session

Joey-Austin

Hello Alpha Universe,

Tell us about your 1st paid photo session, and what gear you used for it?

My first photo session was with Sony nex 5n and the kit lens, it was for a kid's first birthday back in 2012, I had to google some Ideas and we did it in a public park with some cake and balloons and ended it with the cake smash.

• Like 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was paid $40 to photograph a futon and frame for the company that makes it. It was back in 1995 I think, with an old film camera. I did a terrible job!

I always wanted to learn how to develop film, and actually was thinking about getting a film camera and learn how to develop the film and all that, so I looked it up a couple years ago and i'm so happy we are digital now

I got a job back in 2012 shooting the entire sports program for a large university here in Tampa. It was over 500 people done in one day. I thought I had every detail perfect with lighting, naming ,etc… But I never realized that everyone was taller or shorter and I would move the camera slightly for each photo which meant each portrait had to be cropped individually (3-5 poses and outfit changes per person). Wasn’t fun. Luckily I realized early on that people followed me for teaching not photography, so that was the first and last paid assignment I ever did 🙂

I got a job back in 2012 shooting the entire sports program for a large university here in Tampa. It was over 500 people done in one day. I thought I had every detail perfect with lighting, naming ,etc… But I never realized that everyone was taller or shorter and I would move the camera slightly for each photo which meant each portrait had to be cropped individually (3-5 poses and outfit changes per person). Wasn’t fun. Luckily I realized early on that people followed me for teaching not photography, so that was the first and last paid assignment I ever did 🙂

OMG 500 people that's too many people for me, so now you just teach photography or something else?

Bing Crosby Pebble Beach National Pro-Am PGA golf event - are you ready??? February 1975!

I can only imagine the things you photographed, it must've been a good journey if you are still doing it after 48 years, would love to see some of your work, please share