RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Switching with two FX6 cameras and one a7RV at a live event -- It was a breeze!!!

pm-r

1522i86588DDB094F4266.thumb.jpg.f01a49a71715547c50b30fd571d828d5.jpgI got to use three Sony cameras and three lenses the other day on a shoot down in ATL.  I was using the ATEM Mini Extreme and was live switching a conference and recording as well.  It was so easy color and exposure matching the FX6 cameras!!  But even the a7RV was simple to get the correct look for as well.  I think many of us forget that all the Sony glass is color matched so well...  Sony makes it easy to get the right look that is consistent, sharp, and with neutral color.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!  I'm with the FX6 and FX3 duo, with an A7IV as a C-Cam.  My only gripes with the FX6 are that there's no Long-GOP 4K 10-bit option.  I have to record externally for that.  And, the variable ND doesn't work outdoors with a CPL.  I'm looking forward to upgrading to one of those carbon Schatler tripods one day!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!  I'm with the FX6 and FX3 duo, with an A7IV as a C-Cam.  My only gripes with the FX6 are that there's no Long-GOP 4K 10-bit option.  I have to record externally for that.  And, the variable ND doesn't work outdoors with a CPL.  I'm looking forward to upgrading to one of those carbon Schatler tripods one day!

Sachtler tripods are awesome and worth every stinkin' penny!!!!

You look llike you are piloting a Star Ship 😀

lol, it may seem that way but switching live is much easier and way less time consuming than shooting three video feeds and then stitching it all together after the fact in a multi-camera edit.