RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Understanding Cine EI

andylaiphoto

Alright fam, just need some assurance I'm getting this correct about Cine EI. I have a FX3. 

• 800/12800 base isos.
  • Regardless of the iso that you are in Low or High, changing the EI in either direction is not changing the iso being recorded, it's giving you the ability to prioritize either the shadows or the highlights. Theoretically this will result in a cleaner image opposed to using flexible iso and changing the iso to adjust exposure?
  • The single digit follow by E following the EI number represents the number of stops of dynamic range over middle grey. The lower that number the more you'r prioritizing shadows, the higher the more you're prioritizing highlights?
  • If prioritizing highlights or shooting in low light, and I have to go above 800EI I'm better off jumping up to 12800EI and going back down on the EI? Is 12800EI pretty much my max before everything starts completely falling apart and noise is a major issue?
  • If you're using a disply LUT it affects your exposure readings? Is the LUT baked into the file?
  • Are we still shooting for +1.7 on the meter?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic