RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What is your favorite video editor? Newbie here!

CarolineJensen

I am actually making video mockups for print on demand products. That means I need to crop the video to meet the requirements of place the product is going to be listed...eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. I want a basic editor that isn't complicated. I have Premiere pro, but it  tends to be overkill for ten second videos. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video Newbie here too. I tried PremierPro but I didn't like it. I also tried Apple's Final Cut Pro, which felt better. But the most recommended I've seen on youtube and they have a really great free version is Da Vinci Resolve. I haven't tried it yet, but once I immerse myself into video editing I will go for that one.

Video Newbie here too. I tried PremierPro but I didn't like it. I also tried Apple's Final Cut Pro, which felt better. But the most recommended I've seen on youtube and they have a really great free version is Da Vinci Resolve. I haven't tried it yet, but once I immerse myself into video editing I will go for that one.

I was thinking about DaVinci too. I think Sony has their own basic editor too. 

I've been a full time video creator + photographer for the past 4 years.  I started out with Final Cut and moved over to Premiere.  My thinking was that Premiere was more powerful.  It does do many things better, like stabilization and audio mixing.  

But, when first getting the Sony A7SIII, Premiere would crash my entire (Mac) computer when editing the 10-bit footage.  I had similar issues with Premiere on Windows.  So, I tried Final Cut again.  After doing many projects in Premiere, I realized the strengths in Final Cut.  It's far faster than any other NLE for basic editing, which is 95% of what I do as a solo creator.

I later bought Resolve and found it to be far and away the best for color correction and grading.  But, again, it's no where near as fast as Final Cut.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a full time video creator + photographer for the past 4 years.  I started out with Final Cut and moved over to Premiere.  My thinking was that Premiere was more powerful.  It does do many things better, like stabilization and audio mixing.  

But, when first getting the Sony A7SIII, Premiere would crash my entire (Mac) computer when editing the 10-bit footage.  I had similar issues with Premiere on Windows.  So, I tried Final Cut again.  After doing many projects in Premiere, I realized the strengths in Final Cut.  It's far faster than any other NLE for basic editing, which is 95% of what I do as a solo creator.

I later bought Resolve and found it to be far and away the best for color correction and grading.  But, again, it's no where near as fast as Final Cut.  

That is really good to know! Thank you!