RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Which is better value for money camera

divyanshrawat

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking strictly of value, the A7SIII is likely your best choice if you want to do both photography and video. It's a low-light beast and it's great for both. The FX30 is also a good choice if you really only want to shoot video though. You can't go wrong either way 🙂 

as someone who does both photo and video, the A7sIII all the way!

The better comparison would be the FX3 to the A7SIII (which it's pretty much the same guts so a refurbished a7sIII would treat you right).  the F30 is GREAT, but it can't handle low light at 12800 CLEANLY like the sIII can.... that alone is worth double the price of the FX30

• 4 weeks later...

I think the a7SIII is better as you can get FF capability and much lower light captures with better quality and lower noise levels.  If you are constantly using mics that require phantom power, then FX-30 or FX-3 would be better but otherwise, I'd go with a7SIII.

Like others have said, the FX3/A7SIII is an incredible powerhouse. I upgraded from the A6500 and I can say confidently that it is a big and welcomed upgrade - from the 4K capabilities to 10 bit to longer battery life and beautiful colour science when shooting in S-Log 3. The FX30 could also be a great fit if you still plan on using your APSC lenses, and it's an incredible camera too, If you're comfortable shooting at lower ISO's and not fully vested in photo capabilities, it's a solid choice!