RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Working with others to create epic scenes! (For Video & photo)

Drew_Geraci

I recently got the opportunity to work with a good friend showcasing her talents and abilities and it was really fun getting to see how we each worked. It was a first for me (I usually work independently) but it was refreshing to learn some new tips and tricks (as well as share some of my own tips and tricks too). I highly recommend collaborating with other artists to help expand your skill sets. One of the things I learned was using 'Haze in a can' which, when added to natural light, can make for some incredible compositions for both photo and video!

What are some things you've learned from others while on the job? 

776i277481A557B3C934.thumb.jpg.7953f9f96f433bbd65c57503b6dae471.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haze in a can is great. I'm always surprised that photographers don't use atmospherics more. It's such a foundational trick in filmmaking.

A gaffer turned me onto the Hudson Spider a couple of years ago and it changed the way I think about lighting. It's a continuous parabolic light that wraps in a really nice way. Check it out. It's a really different way to think about lighting, travels well, and has become my go-to light for stills and video.

Gaffers have so much to teach us.