RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Best vlogging Mic

Joey-Austin

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m actually trying to solve this myself. I’m planning to do a video soon on my audio solutions. I just bought the ECM-B10, but I also have the Sennheiser MKE400, and the DJI wireless microphones, but also I feel like the on board audio mics of the A7IV are also perfectly good to use for vlogging too since it’s the same one they used in the ZV1, and vloggers just throw that windscreen on top and vlog with it all the time. So I’ll do a comparison between all four, outdoors quiet, outdoors noisy, and indoors with echoes. 

I’m actually trying to solve this myself. I’m planning to do a video soon on my audio solutions. I just bought the ECM-B10, but I also have the Sennheiser MKE400, and the DJI wireless microphones, but also I feel like the on board audio mics of the A7IV are also perfectly good to use for vlogging too since it’s the same one they used in the ZV1, and vloggers just throw that windscreen on top and vlog with it all the time. So I’ll do a comparison between all four, outdoors quiet, outdoors noisy, and indoors with echoes. 

This sounds good, drop the link to the video when it’s published 

The ECM-B10 is my favorite on-camera mic. The sound quality is honestly super rich and pleasing to the ear for the size and range of the mic. It's my go-to for run and guns. You can pick it up here.

Thank you Drew, I’ve had my eye on it for a while, do you know if it’s worth it to get the more expensive one?

• 3 weeks later...

I use the ECM-B10 when I'm using really wide glass as it doesn't stick out so far so you can see it.  So when I use the 11mm f/1.8 on the ZV-E10 or the 12-24/14GM on FF bodies.  BUT...  You cannot beat the purity of sound from the ECM-B1M.  it's my favorite mic of all.  The sound, including low tones/bass, is so good, it rivals 48V mics that cost as much as our camera bodies do nowadays.  Last, I use the ECM-G1 on the ZV-1F but you have to use the little mini-phone cord to plug it in as there is no "hot" shoe...  One last thought on the ECM-B1M..  I'm thinking about hacking in half one of the cords that comes with the XLR-K3m and extending it for 20' or so.  This would be a great shotgun use on a boom pole!!!!  But I haven't done it yet.

• Like 1

I use the ECM-B10 when I'm using really wide glass as it doesn't stick out so far so you can see it.  So when I use the 11mm f/1.8 on the ZV-E10 or the 12-24/14GM on FF bodies.  BUT...  You cannot beat the purity of sound from the ECM-B1M.  it's my favorite mic of all.  The sound, including low tones/bass, is so good, it rivals 48V mics that cost as much as our camera bodies do nowadays.  Last, I use the ECM-G1 on the ZV-1F but you have to use the little mini-phone cord to plug it in as there is no "hot" shoe...  One last thought on the ECM-B1M..  I'm thinking about hacking in half one of the cords that comes with the XLR-K3m and extending it for 20' or so.  This would be a great shotgun use on a boom pole!!!!  But I haven't done it yet.

Thank you very much, I've had my eye on both of them, I didn't know if it's worth the high price tag

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...