RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Is a SCRIPTED VLOG, A VLOG?

Terrywarfield

Curious on your opinions. A vlog is a "visual log" of the said story. On one hand, I feel like vlogs should be natural and unscripted, but on the other hand, ESPECIALLY for YouTube, sometimes you NEED to have some type of script or direction for your vlog to Make sure its good content, that you have a solid thumbnail, etc. What you guys and girls think?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Caroline. Use something to stay on track. Think of it more of an outline than a script. Very few people can read a script and sound natural so it would definitely come across as not genuine. But if you have a short outline of talking points, to keep you on track, I think that's essential to any good vlog. 

I agree with Caroline. Use something to stay on track. Think of it more of an outline than a script. Very few people can read a script and sound natural so it would definitely come across as not genuine. But if you have a short outline of talking points, to keep you on track, I think that's essential to any good vlog. 

AGREED ON BOTH!

I think that is a very good question. I've been wanting to do vlogs, but I don't do vlogs yet....but I think if you add a scripted component it just adds so much more workload to your project. I guess it depends if you want your video to have more of a professional feel? 

Personally, I was thinking of potentially doing a voice recording and overlaying on top of the recorded video so more of a commentary/documentary style. For my use case, sometimes when I am traveling abroad, I want to be discreet and not draw attention to recording or camera.