RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Sony zv1 or sony zve10?

Photorabz

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a ZV-1 and really like it. I've watched over a dozen Youtube videos comparing the two cameras because I was wondering if the ZV-E10 was a good upgrade. In the end, I concluded I've got the right camera. The only downside is one can't change lenses with the ZV-1, but I can live with that.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it depends on your use case. I have a comparison video on my channel if you are interested in watching it. I love the ZV-1 and the ZV-E10, I think each has a few advantages over the other. 

If you are speaking specifically in terms of handheld vlogging, I think the ZV-E10 holds the advantage, because you can adapt wider lenses that will be more suitable for vlogging (this may also be a disadvantage however as lenses add additional weight). The ZV-1 is a fixed lens option, that in my opinion for handheld vlogging, too tight of a shot once you turn on active stabilization (it's only your head in the frame basically). HOWEVER, the ZV-1 is much easier to deploy in day to day use because of its size. So again, just based on those things, if size is not a huge concern for you, the ZV-E10 would in my opinion hold the advantage. Pair it with the 10-18 f4 OSS and you have a great steady option that looks nice, crispy, and wide.