RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Your vlogging setup...looking for some insights

aIpha-cbr

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really impressed with the Sony ZV-E10 and Sony VPT2BT wireless grip combo for both vlogging and capturing stable footage while traveling. I like how small the setup is and how I can use the flip out screen to get low to the ground for unique angles. This is a great camera when paired with the Sony E 10-20mm f/4 PZ G lens. I also like how the Sony VPT2BT wireless grip has a built in tripod so I can quickly set the camera up for timelapses without needing additional gear.

I am interested in checking out the Vlog Monitor for Xperia phones, specifically the Sony Xperia 1 IV. This looks like an amazing setup especially when needing to pack light.

I was really impressed with the Sony ZV-E10 and Sony VPT2BT wireless grip combo for both vlogging and capturing stable footage while traveling. I like how small the setup is and how I can use the flip out screen to get low to the ground for unique angles. This is a great camera when paired with the Sony E 10-20mm f/4 PZ G lens. I also like how the Sony VPT2BT wireless grip has a built in tripod so I can quickly set the camera up for timelapses without needing additional gear.

I am interested in checking out the Vlog Monitor for Xperia phones, specifically the Sony Xperia 1 IV. This looks like an amazing setup especially when needing to pack light.

Great. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the great feedback.

• 1 month later...

I’m thinking of getting a ZV-E10 and the 16-35mm PZ for my main vlogging setup.

If you used that combo, it would give you a 24-52mm zoom on the ZV-E10.  You might be better off with the 10-20G lens which would actually give you a true 10-20mm view.  Also, remember the camera does not have IBIS so you can get a similar effect by turning on active steady shot but then the camera will crop in slightly by about a 1.6X conversion so if you used the active SS on the ZV-E10 with the 16-35PZ, you'd end up with about a 41mm lens at the widest zoom.  On top of that, you'd be using a lens that would be larger and heavier than the 10-20G and not be able to use all of the good glass inside...  food for thought...