RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Click after shut down 7RM5

gegjrphoto
Go to solution Solved by BRad,

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@BRAD

Is this the Anti-dust Function found in Setup>(13) Setup Option>Anti-dust Function>Sensor Cleaning or' Shutter When Pwr Off? If that's what you're referencing than that is not it because it was set to OFF > The mechanical shutter is not closed when turning the device power OFF. ON > Closes the mechanical shutter when turning the device power OFF. You can prevent the dirt and dust from adhering to the image sensor when changing lens.

Since I found that option though I have as of right now set it to ON.

But, as I said that cannot be it because is was set to OFF until just now.

Unless I'm mistaken, which is highly possible, isn't there a setting somewhere to tell the camera to not allow shutter release without a lens attached? Likewise, isn't there a setting to disable shutter when no card is in the camera or when there is no card in the target slot (1 or 2)?

While I was writing this, I just heard the click then, the display went black (blank). Please correct me if I'm wrong (which again is highly possible), isn't that connected to the Setup>(9)Power Setting Option (page 51/56)>Auto Monitor Off>Power Save Start Time or Power Save by Monitor? I have Auto Monitor OFF set for 1 Min; Power Save Start Time 5 min.

Power by Monitor set to Both Linked (Enters power save mode when closing the monitor inward. Returns from power save mode when the monitor is opened. I'm not entirely sure what "Both Linked" is referrering to? Both Linked is what I have it set on but I don't believe that is causing the click because the monitor is open to the left side of camera (as I view from the back side). There are 3 more options available Open:Return; Close:Power Save; Does Not Link. Again though, Those cannot be it since they only come into play when monitor is closed inward toward the camera.

At the risk of being redundant, I believe what's causing the click is the Power Save Start Time setting which was previously set to 1 Min and changed to 5 min. Can't be Auto Monitor OFF, currently set a 1 Min, because I don't believe the monitor would make a click sound when turning off, which once again I could be entirely wrong.

Even though I've had many, many cameras, I don't believe I've ever had one with this kind of option and level of customization. As Gary Friedmann of www.FriedmannArchives.com says in his 7RV 800-page book, "This is probably one of the most complex cameras Sony has ever produced (if you don't count their video cameras), which is why he says explains the "heft of the book".

Thanks for reading my unnecessarily long post. Any light you'd care to share will be accepted in the spirit in which it's offered.

My Regards,

GEGJrPhoto

Edited by gegjrphoto