RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Any Maxpreps Sony Shooters?

gbphoto

Hi all! I've done a fair amount of HS Sports, and thought about setting my sites on qualifying as a maxpreps shooter. I'm not expecting anything from it real, other than a simple goal to set and achieve.

My curious what type of gear qualifies. While I tend to shoot with high quality glass, I'm simply not going to have a 400mm 2.8. When I was shooting Nikon, the 300mm was at least an option. Anybody qualify with say the 70-200 2.8 II 16-36 2.8 , etc?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They hate any kind of noise as well as images that are not perfectly sharp.  Don't think you can fool them with adding in un-sharpen mask or doing a lot of fancy Topaz Denoise slight of hand.  You only get to submit 5 images so make sure everything you submit is perfectly sharp, has the entire body of the athlete, and doesn't exhibit a lot of noise.  If you do that, you may get in.  You could make it work with the 70-200GMII as long as your tight enough on the action.

They hate any kind of noise as well as images that are not perfectly sharp.  Don't think you can fool them with adding in un-sharpen mask or doing a lot of fancy Topaz Denoise slight of hand.  You only get to submit 5 images so make sure everything you submit is perfectly sharp, has the entire body of the athlete, and doesn't exhibit a lot of noise.  If you do that, you may get in.  You could make it work with the 70-200GMII as long as your tight enough on the action.

Appreciate that response. I can totally deal with image quality, I just wasn't sure if people would get dismissed without something like a 400mm. Thanks!