RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Ethical considerations when using additional lighting with wildlife

bmcdonough

A key principle of iLCP's mission is to empower ethical conservation photography -- this means we regularly evaluate the ethics of community involvement, photo licensing, and even wildlife/photographer interactions.

In our newest StoryMap, A Light Touch, iLCP Senior Fellow Doug Gimesy explores the ethics of photography with artificial light when photographing wildlife. Following a chaotic encounter with over-lit photography and the little penguins of Melbourne, Gimesy began to consider the impacts additional light could have on certain species.

"What I saw that night started me thinking about the impact a photographer’s lighting could have on wildlife – whether using flash in the field or even on captive animals. Having been trained as a bioethicist, I really wanted to make sure I was doing the ‘right thing’."

Check out the Story Map here: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/a2132c9f3a3945cc9fdbd8490338c291

• Like 2

• bmcdonough changed the title to Ethical considerations when using additional lighting with wildlife

• Trending Content

• Featured Products

• Topics