RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Best lenses for landscape photography

alpha-jessica-a

Best lenses for landscape photography  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which lens do you use for landscape photography?

• 16-35mm f/2.8 G Master II
    • 16-25mm f/2.8 G
    • 24mm f/1.4 G Master
    • 70-200mm f/2.8 G Master II
    • 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 G Master
    • 12-24mm f/2.8 G Master
    • 90mm f/2.8 Macro G
    • 24-50mm f/2.8 G
    • Other (tell us in the comments below!)

Inspired by this article, we'd love to know which lens you prefer for landscape photography.

Share some of your landscape work captured with your favorite lens here in the thread, too!

• Like 1

I've had the 24mm GM since it came out and it's become my most used landscape as well as nightscape lens. The new 16-25mm f/2.8 G is really interesting to me. I have a 16-35mm f/4 which I use a lot in my underwater rig, and I'm thinking about trying the 16-25mm because I mostly use that lens at the wider end and I'd like to have the extra stop in a small lens. 

• 2 weeks later...

I take two bodies with lenses on my daily nature walks and photograph everything (wildlife, landscapes, and anything that looks interesting - except macro). I take:

1. A1 plus FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS or FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II (depends on the weather and light)
  2. A7 IV  plus FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II or depending on the weather, light, and my mood
    • FE PZ 16-35 MM F4 G 
    • FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS 
    • FE 50mm F1.2 GM 
    • 2.0X Teleconverter 

If the weather is bad, I'll take one camera - usually the A1 with the FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II and carry the 2.0X Teleconverter in case conditions improve.

If I don't to have a wide angle zoom with me, I can usually capture what I want over several shots and stitch them together in post-processing later. 

Edited by ST