RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Karlie Place

36 minutes ago, Minimooch said:

Also wondering the monetizing process- for hotel collaboration do you negotiate and charge a fee or are you happy to do contra collab?

Hotels can be quite tricky when it comes to collaborations. There's a common misconception that travel influencers get paid a lot by hotels. In reality, many hotel collaborations are based on exchanges — providing posts and content in return for a free stay. For me, these exchanges help make travel more affordable. From my experience, only hotels that send inbound requests inviting you to their property tend to have a budget. Always stand your ground and negotiate terms you're comfortable with even on exchange. Aim to impress by offering licensing options to the hotel after your stay. For instance, I provide a large gallery of beautiful photos even if I'm not contracted to do so, and then inform them of the cost to use these photos. This approach has helped me earn some extra money.

This is asking for a friend - if you’re a newbie and have just picked up a camera yesterday, what would be your strategy to learn and improve in terms of travel photography & content creation? ☺️ thank you thank you!! 

• alpha-stormy changed the title to LIVE AMA with Karlie Place
3 hours ago, Minimooch said:

Some of the most used features on your Sony alpha camera? (Camera settings & tricks ) 

I constantly use the Interval Timer! You can set it up to continuously snap photos so you don't have to rely on a timer. You can also customize the buttons on your camera body.  I make the  C2 button on the top of my Sony A7IV the trigger "on/off" of the interval timer. 

4 minutes ago, Minimooch said:

This is asking for a friend - if you’re a newbie and have just picked up a camera yesterday, what would be your strategy to learn and improve in terms of travel photography & content creation? ☺️ thank you thank you!! 

First and foremost, make sure you're shooting RAW photos. From there, get out and have fun experimenting. You've gotta play around with your camera and how different settings affect the outcome. Get a good workflow from shooting, dumping content to your computer, editing, exporting, and sharing. Do this over and over and every time you'll get closer to creating professional-level content that is uniquely yours!

19 minutes ago, alpha-stormy said:

Question from social: Hey would you consider doing an in depth lightroom editing tutorial on youtube or something and take us through editing a photo like this?

I'd love this! I'm just starting out on Youtube, and truthfully have been really intimidated by long-form content until recently. Now that I know this is something you guys are interested in, I'll definitely add it to my to-do list!