RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Andrew Geraci

alpha-jessica-a

Does the look of a good cinema prime really elevate the image over still glass?

Absolutely!! I had the chance to use some Arri Master Anamorphics and the look/feel of those timelapses are some of my favorites. The character the cinema lenses lend to the scene immerses the viewer much better than non-prime cinema lenses.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! From behind my screen and far from a bustling movie scene, I find it hard to know what cinema prime glass has what feel. This may be a can of worms, but any guidelines on what generally has what feel? And what makes the most sense to own (if any) to elevate doc interviews (shot on Gemini or Sony FX)

• Like 1

Cinema lenses are a personal preference honestly. Each type has it's own special characteristics, and there's a wide range of cost to each of those. For me, I love my Tokina Vista Primes, Cooke S6s, Master Primes/ Master Anamorphics, and Atlas Anamorphics. If you really want a solid, and cinematic looking lens, the Atlas are my favorites. They've got a wide range and they're super lightweight (comparatively) and I love their look.

• Thanks 1