RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Dane Isaac

If you could give advice to a creator who is just starting out, what would it be?

Do you find that having creative friends and a community helps? Do you find yourself bouncing ideas off others when you first started or even now?

If you could give advice to a creator who is just starting out, what would it be?

Yes, Absolutely! As they say, steel sharpens steel. Surrounding yourself with other creatives will have a positive effect on your creativity. To this day I have a multitude of group chats where were discuss ideas

• Like 1

Does your lighting setup change when you’re shooting in black and white?

black and white or color may be part of that thought process as well as lighting. From a preference stand point there are some lighting I believe works will with B&W

How do you capture authentic moments so quickly?

Practice does make perfect! I've been trying to get over not being perfect right away, but it's rough.

Question from email: Do you prefer street photography or portrait work more?

Currently, I prefer portraiture. It may be subject to change but in this season of my life I lean into portraiture more

• Like 1

Question from email: Can you talk a bit about posing models? Do you have any tips or tricks on helping them pose well?

Yes, ofc. Some subjects are just natural but in case(s) you have a vision that doesn't translate into words. I would often demonstrate or show a photo (easier of the two options lol)

• Thanks 1

Question from email: Do you prefer street photography or portrait work more?

Do you find that it shifts based on the projects you are working on or pull inspiration from?

How did you get your work seen when you were first starting out? Do you have any tips on getting your foot in the door for commercial work?

I was lucky to find a great community of like-minded creatives. Where we would meet and network for hours. I believe these networking events helped us reach more and more individuals than we could've reached alone. Also, I used to post more frequently as well.

• Like 2