RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Caroline Jensen

Question from the announcement thread from fiannabean: How long did it take to build a significant community around your work?

It took a few years, but I have to say I didn't work too hard at it. I am a big believer in 'finding your people' and those who want to learn from me, usually don't need to be inundated with ads. I find that macro or flower photography meets so many diverse people in a place that is beneficial for them.

Macro and flower photography has truly healing benefits....it calms my mind, and brings so much joy. I often find people of all ages seeking out this sort of photography because they have stressful jobs and need a retreat from the world. I see this type of photography as a way to help other de-stress and stressed out people are not hard to find!

• Like 2

Question from the announcement thread from fiannabean: How long did it take to build a significant community around your work?

What methods did you use? Mostly social media?

Yes, I have been on Instagram forever, but only switched to flowers in the last few years. Honestly, word of mouth has been a big helper for me too.

• Like 2

Also, I think it helps to understand a bit of psychology around what draws people in. I have found that studying classic paintings that are loved by millions for generations, really helps me to tap into what people like. If I fall in love with something at a gallery, I want to dissect WHY I love it.

• Like 1

One more thing....starting a private community is a great thing too. I have my own, private, Facebook-style, group where there are no ads and people are all interested in similar things.

• Like 1