RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What gear is on your wish list?

bmcdonough

I'm still in the processing of switching my whole kit from Canon to Sony, so I'm still slowly building up my kit. That means I have a long wish list! The main pieces of gear I'm proritizing getting are: 

• 90mm macro
  • 24-70 GM II 
  • 70-200 GM II

What gear is on your wish list? 

• Like 4

I'm poor. So, my wishlist is/was rather simple. I have been wishing that Sony would come out with a successor to the a6600, so that the used price of the a6600 would finally start coming down. I wanted to get the a6600 as a second camera to shoot multi-cam videos for some simple YouTube training type videos. My A7R2 and my old Olympus TG-4 only have 30  minute limits, and that would be a pain to constantly keep stopping and restarting both cameras. The a6600 was going to be the camera that I could just set up and have it keep running through an entire filming session, using my other cameras for close-ups or special angles. 

BUT..... Sony went and released the a6700! Damn them!  It's too freaking good! Now I want to get one of those instead of a used a6600! I would end up using the a6700 as my primary camera and then treat my A7R2 as if it were a "large format" camera, using it for my "special photography." While being able to carry the a6700 around with me all the time. 

Now, I have to save up for a few more months. I will never forgive them!  😂

Edited by Grant Robertson

@Grant Robertson How dare they!! I know what you mean, the 6700 looks amazing! 

And @thesaltedimage I recently got the A7RV and I must say, it's pretty spectacular. Especially the insect eye autofoucs... truly amazing! And I also want to ZV-E1! It's such a small, nonintrusive camera that I think would really come in handy

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 11:19 AM, bmcdonough said:

And @thesaltedimage I recently got the A7RV and I must say, it's pretty spectacular. Especially the insect eye autofoucs... truly amazing! And I also want to ZV-E1! It's such a small, nonintrusive camera that I think would really come in handy

@bmcdonough insect eye autofocus!? That is so very cool! I wish they had a flower eye AF, I would be hooked up. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 12:29 PM, Joey-Austin said:

Right now it's just the 

• 70-200mm f4 Macro G OSS II

Looks like a fun lens to have

I agree, it looks like a blast! I can't wait to see what people make as more people get their hands on it... they might just convince me to buy it! 

• Like 1

@Bbeck If you're looking to be able to shoot a little bit of everything I would suggest getting a set of zooms that can cover a big range. Maybe the 16-35, 24-70, and 70-200. Then for the fourth lens if you lean more towards wildlife and/or sports then I would go for a longer lens, like the 100-400 or 200-600. If you prefer night skies or something you could go for the 20mm or 14mm!