RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Hannah Mather

Another question from email: What are some lesser-known or under-appreciated pollinators that you think deserve more attention, and how do you strive to showcase them in your photography?

I do my best to keep a balance between honey bee photos and less known species. There are over 20,000 species of bees in the world, 4000 in the US! I do my best to plant native plant species to create an enticing habitat for a wide variety.

• Like 1

Another question from email: What are some lesser-known or under-appreciated pollinators that you think deserve more attention, and how do you strive to showcase them in your photography?

I also am passionate about educating about different butterfly species and their larval host plants. Many people don't realize that butterflies are caterpillars (larvae) for much longer than they are adults, and that they often require a specific plant that they eat. I like to showcase the

caterpillar forms so that people can be more mindful when they come across them that they are beneficial and beautiful in every form!

• Like 1