RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Did you get something fun for Christmas? Share below!

bmcdonough

@tonygale Congratulation in advance, I am thinking about it but I can't justify it yet, because I don't shoot sport much but would love to get the pre-shot feature on the a7rv, I got myself LA-EA5 to be able to use the Sony 18-250mm A mount lens, and thinking about upgrading my drone, I really wish Sony get in the drone game

• 2 weeks later...

I bought myself a new Macbook Air with the M2 processor to better be able to handle the files from my A1's, A7CII, FX30, and FX6.  I didn't really need a new computer but I needed to spend a bit of money for tax purposes at the end of the year...  Working Sony files on a fast Mac is dreamy!!!

I picked up a Surface Laptop Studio 2 (64GB/2TB), a SanDisk 4TB Extreme Pro portable SSD and a 128GB SDXC UHS-II Card. 

I'm deeply invested in the Windows ecosystem, and I'll only use computers that support pen and touch.  

The new Surface Laptop Studio 2 is slightly faster than my Surface Studio 2+ (32GB/1TB) desktop for editing, and much faster for video processing.  

Since both computers and the SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD support Thunderbolt 4, it's super fast and easy to move files around.  I use the SSD for my work in process so it's easy to switch from desktop to portable. 

I'm all set for bodies and lenses for now. I'll probably wait for the next generation A1 to make any big changes in that kind of gear.

Edited by ST

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

I'm a landscape and wildlife photographer, and I'm currently using the Sony A7III. I want to upgrade within the next couple of weeks and I'm looking for some advice/direction on what would best suit my type of photography. I'm considering the Alpha 7R IV thoughts or suggestions? 

6 hours ago, Katrina Thompson said:

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

I'm a landscape and wildlife photographer, and I'm currently using the Sony A7III. I want to upgrade within the next couple of weeks and I'm looking for some advice/direction on what would best suit my type of photography. I'm considering the Alpha 7R IV thoughts or suggestions? 

You will need high resolution so you can crop in, correct? I was going to mention the new a9III, but I know that wildlife shots often require a heavy crop and so the IV or V may be a better choice. If tracking fast movement is your main objective, then the a9III all day long. 🙂

• Like 1