RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Live AMA with Niah Aldrich

What does a typical photoshoot look like you from conception, to conversations, to shooting, proofing, editing, and delivery? How do you go about the experience for your clients/models and how involved are you with every step?

What does a typical photoshoot look like you from conception, to conversations, to shooting, proofing, editing, and delivery? How do you go about the experience for your clients/models and how involved are you with every step?

For a creative shoot i'm usually approaching the creative team with photos of the outfits/locations. We'll then together create a mood board on IG or Pinterest to make sure we're all the same page. I love to style my shoots so I'll 90% of the time already have the outfits, and some backups that go withย the vibe of the shoot. I will then tell the model to bring anything that she thinks would go with the looks as well as bring shoes, accessories, and if she's doing her own hair and make up we'll go over how we want it. If there is a make up artist we'll do the same with make up and hair direction.

We'll have a group chat going if there is multiple people, and find a day and time that works best for everyone. Day of the shoot i'm usually setting up while they're doing hair and make up or am set up and ready to go. We'll try on the outfits make sure everything fits right and try on a few things since i'm aย visual person! Once we're all ready I have my iPad ready to tether live as well as the mood board we created to glance over at if needed. We put on some music, laugh, and have a blast! After the shoot I collect e-mails and send to everyone involved so that I can know what everyones favorites are.

I HATE choosing photos it's my least favorite thing to do so knowing what everyone else's favorites are helps me A LOT! Plus I want to be editing images everyone loves too! We all see each ourselves different. Then comes the fun part where I get to edit the photos, and be even more creative before I deliver then I get feedback from them make any tweaks and than we get to post and share all the hard work with the world. ๐Ÿ™‚