RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

New Year, New Photography Goals: Share them in our Photo Challenge!

alpha-stormy

As we wave hello to 2024, we are all thinking about new resolutions and goals for the year ahead. This includes photographic goals – from learning a new technique to completing a story, there are a myriad of photography-related ambitions to work towards. In our next photo challenge, we encourage you to share an image that in some way represents your photography goal for 2024. We can’t wait for our community to support those goals and see the progress you make throughout the year! 

Every post in this thread will earn you points towards advancing your status in our community rankings.

• Like 1

I want to capture more beauty in nature. I have spent a lot of time in the studio the last two years and I want to just BE with nature more this year. I still love creative editing, but I want to get more of that natural dreamy light, dew and bokeh that outdoor shooting provides. 🙂

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Apiaceae

• Like 3

At the end of 2023, I lost 4TB photos containing my Svalbard, Uzbekistan, and Japan photos..... So for 2024, I'll finally be putting more effort and resources towards establishing a series of redundancies. Including a NVMe storage array and include cloud storage as part of my process. 

From a photography perspective, I want to improve in technique with lighting.

DSC02473.jpg

• Like 1

What are you doing to stretch your creativity or talent this year? I am determined to get in the water with my floating photography raft. I injured my knee and I think shooting in the water will be a nice thing, except for mud. 😂 I also want to get out of the studio and shoot more in-situ. What are challenges you are taking on?

Edited by CarolineJensen

• CarolineJensen changed the title to 2024 Are you taking on any challenges? What HARD (for you) things are you going to try?
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my primary goals as a photographer for 2024 is to hone and develop my skills in wildlife photography specifically. Over the next years, I plan to upgrade my gear and equipment to ensure I have everything I need to capture high-quality images of animals in their natural habitat. I also want to spend more time in nature, observing and learning about the different species and their behaviours to anticipate better and capture those perfect moments. This was captured last week in Fundy National Park, New Brunswick. I'm excited to take on this challenge and see where it takes me in my photography journey!

Could contain: Animal, Canine, Fox, Mammal, Red Fox, Wildlife, Dog, Pet

• Like 3

So much I want to do. My primary objective(s) are landscape and wildlife, to really be able to showcase animals and nature. There will be a lot of hikes this year to national parks and nature reserves here in sweden this year.

• Like 2